Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays
Current Board Members
PFLAG Tucson T-Shirt
Other LGBT Family Resources:
Fortunate Families (Catholic)
Gay Family Support
American Psychiatric Association
American Psychological Association
Mental Health America
- The purpose of this meeting is to create a safe and supportive
atmosphere for all of us here tonight, where we can share, listen,
learn and grow.
- PFLAG was originally founded to support and educate family and
friends concerning the topic of homosexuality. Over the years we
have embraced and welcomed the addition of those of us who identify
as gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender.
- By sharing our stories we find acceptance, strength and support.
Your awareness, sensitivity and understanding are needed during
- Confidentiality is essential. We are each responsible for making
sure that the things we hear and the identities of people present do
not leave this room.
- Each of us is at a different place in dealing with the topic of
homosexuality and sexual and gender diversity. We have found that
giving empathy and respect, rather than judgment and advice, helps
- By speaking of our own experience and feelings, we help others
to realize they are not alone and give them the power to resolve
their own issues.
- Please be considerate of others and refrain from monopolizing
- The co-facilitators may feel it necessary to intervene if
guidelines are not being followed.
- Each monthly meeting has a number of board members present. We
are here to support you, and we invite your questions and comments
during, after or between our monthly meetings.
You always have a home in PFLAG.
[ GayTucson.com | TucsonLGBT.com |
Tucson GLBT Chamber of Commerce ]
[ Pride Guide Arizona |
Pridenet Arizona ]
[ City of Tucson |
Tucson Visitors Bureau |
University of Arizona ]
PFLAG Tucson, P.O. Box 36264,
Tucson, AZ 85740
Comments and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
September 30, 2012